Explore the Basic Needs Data Below:
Poverty by Education
Poverty rates are higher among those with less educational attainment
- Lincoln residents with less than a high school diploma had higher poverty rates than those who achieved greater levels of educational attainment:
- 26% – Did not complete high school
- 12% – High school graduate or equivalent
- 10% – Some college, associate’s degree
- 5% – Bachelor’s degree or higher
- The poverty rate for those with less than a high school diploma has varied widely in the past decade, and has been quite high in years since the Great Recession.
- The poverty rate for other educational attainment groups was not greatly impacted by the Great Recession and has remained fairly level for the past decade.