Explore the Basic Needs Data Below:
Nearly half of renting households in Lincoln spend a large portion of their income on housing
- 45% of all renting households in Lincoln pay 30% or more of their income on housing.13
- 18% of Lincoln homeowners carrying a mortgage pay 30% or more of their income on housing.
- 10% of Lincoln homeowners with no mortgage pay 30% or more of their income on housing.14
12. Schwartz, M., & Wilson, E., (n.d.) Who can afford to live in a home?: A look at data from the 2006 American Community Survey. Washington, DC: United States Census Bureau.
13. Data are limited to the household population and exclude the population living in institutions, college dormitories, and other group quarters.
14. Costs for households without a mortgage may include home equity loans, real estate taxes, homeowner’s insurance, association fees, and utilities.