Explore the Economy & Workforce Data Below:
Lincoln’s percentage of STEM occupations is rebounding
- In the Lincoln Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA: Lancaster and Seward Counties), STEM occupations had decreased during and after the recession, but have rebounded since 2010.
- In Lincoln, 6.0% of all occupations are classified as STEM.
- This is slightly higher than the national percentage of 5.6% of all occupations in STEM.
3. Committee on Prospering in the Global Economy of the 21st Century. (2007). Rising above the gathering storm: Energizing and employing America for a brighter economic future. Washington, DC: National Academies Press.
4. Rothwell, J. (2013). The hidden STEM economy. Metropolitan Policy Program. Washington, DC: Brookings Institute.