Interact with the Data
The Lincoln Vital Signs Report focuses on these key areas:
Lincoln’s population growth and overall well-being indicators.
Economy & Workforce
Employment/unemployment, income, education, job creation, innovation, and new construction.
Poverty, food programs, health insurance, and housing in Lincoln.
Lincoln’s early childhood, p-12, and
Health factors, diseases, healthcare, substance abuse, and mental health.
Safety & Security
Crime, emergency response, injuries, and domestic violence.
Lincoln Vital Signs 2022
Already strong, Lincoln is flourishing:
- Lincoln’s workforce is highly educated and engaged in work
- Lincoln’s unemployment rate is consistently one of the lowest in the nation
- Lincoln is a safe community to live in
- Ethnic and racial diversity is increasing
- Poverty, homelessness, and food insecurity continue to decline
Some areas of weakness persist:
- Income adjusted for cost of living continues to trail the nation, and this gap is increasing
- Gaps persist between racial and ethnic minorities and the white non-Hispanic population in the areas of educational attainment, employment, and income
- There are neighborhoods in Lincoln in which extreme poverty, poor health, and a high concentration of children overlap
Population trends will shape future need for services and initiatives:
- The 65+ population is growing at least 4 times faster than any other age group.
- In-migration is driving overall population growth in Lincoln, particularly among those 18 to 24 years of age
Helping Lincoln Prosper
Lincoln Vital Signs findings led the community to create Prosper Lincoln. Lincoln Vital Signs reports help the community Be Informed and Prosper Lincoln encourages the community to Get Involved. Prosper Lincoln is creating a framework for addressing priorities in Early Childhood, Innovative Workforce, Affordable Housing, Strong Neighborhoods, and Civic Investment.